Adding an asset to Mutu is a quick and easy process that can be done from your phone or laptop. This guide walks you through the fields you can complete when adding a new item to the platform.
On the Discover page, you can add an asset by clicking the yellow + Add an asset button on the top right (laptop) or the yellow + symbol down the bottom left (mobile).
The first section of the Add an asset page relates to the compulsory fields Mutu requires to complete when adding an asset to your organisation:
- Location: A drop down that allows you to select the location of the asset based upon the locations that have been set up within your organisation. (Note; for plant and equipment, the location you select should be the "home base" of the item, not where it is currently located. For most plant and equipment this is typically the main office, yard or workshop).
There are also some optional fields you can complete to include more information about the asset:
- Add a photo/s of your item
Mutu will also ask for some data on the asset to contribute towards your sustainability metrics on the dashboard. These are:
- Replacement value when new
- Weight per item
Finally, you will need to indicate whether you want to list this item on your organisations marketplace so that the asset can be claimed or booked. We recommend only turning this off for assets that are permanently assign to someone in your organisation (e.g. a laptop, phone or vehicle)
By selecting, List this item on the marketplace you will be presented with a range of options about what type of listing you would like to create. These are:
- Hide this asset from my asset register: Select this option for items that you do not want to include in your organisations asset register on Mutu. This typically applies to materials.
- Make this listing visible to affiliated organisations: Other organsiations you are connected with on Mutu will be able to see this listing when you select this option.
- This item can be booked instead of claimed: When you select this option, users will get the option to select a booking period for asset rather than permanently claiming it.
- This listing has a price: Select this option if you are looking to rent or sell the item at a cost.
You are also given the option to set an Availability date (when the asset is available from) and an Expiry date (when you would like to remove the asset from Mutu in no one books or claims it).
Additional asset information
This is an optional section that allows you add more detailed information relating to more traditional asset management. All of these fields are searchable on the Discover or Asset pages. You can add information on:
- Tags: These are searchable words that allows you to quickly find a group of assets. You can add new tags or chose from the exiting list.
- Contact: This is the user who will be responsible for the asset within your organisation. Only users who have signed up to Mutu will be visible in this drop down list.
- Assigned to: For assets that are not bookable or claimable (not listed on the Mutu marketplace) or for users who are not on Mutu, you can use this field assign the asset to a person. This is field is typically used for assets that are permanently assigned to a person (e.g. laptop, phone or vehicle).
- Purchase date: The date the asset was purchased.
- Retirement date: The date the asset is expected to be removed from your organisation (this typically relates to depreciation or warrantees).
Set a reminder
You can read about how to set a reminder on an asset here.
Mutu allows you attached documents to an asset. This is typically used for things like data sheets or maintenance reports.
You can contact the Mutu support team at any time via email@example.com